JOB APPLICATION


Total Marks: 5 Marks

Format: 1
Content: 2
Organization of ideas: 1
Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar: 1

When you apply for a job, the letter consists of two parts-covering letter and the biodata or curriculum vitae. Important points for covering letter are:
  • Follow the format of a formal letter. Your letter should be brief and to the point.
  • Introduction: Mention the source from where you got the information about the vacancy and your wish to apply for the post.
  • Body: Give a brief summary of your academic and professional qualifications, experience, reason to apply for the job, your suitability, availability for the interview.
  • Conclusion - Make a reference to CV and enclosures. Express your wish to attend an interview.
  • After signing off, give a short title ‘Enclosures’ and list the following:
    • Bio-data 
    • Copies of certificates
    • Passport size photograph
  • The CV should have the following details.
  • The Curriculum Vitae should present all your personal and professional details in a specific format. The CV has four parts:
    • Personal information
    • Qualification
    • Experience 
    • References
  • Qualification should be written in a table with four columns:
  • Name of the exam, Name of the University, Year of passing and Percentage of marks
  • Qualification should be written from the current qualification to the first.
  • Experience should be written from the current to the first.
  • Referee’s full name, designation, postal address, telephone number and Email id should be written.
SAMPLE 1

You are Shilpa/Sameer living in Hyderabad. You have just completed your graduation and are looking for a job. While browsing through the Hindustan Times of 06 December 2023, you come across the following advertisement. Choose a post for which you think you are suitable and send your application in response to this advertisement. [KVS, AGRA, PB-1, SET-1, 2023-24]


B – 17, Green Field,
Hyderabad

16th November, 2O22

H.R. Manager
MTR Foods Private Limited
Golagoan, Assam

Subject: Application for the Post of a Food Technologist

Dear Sir
In response to your advertisement in ‘The Hindustan Times’ dated 06 December 2023, about various posts, I wish to offer my candidature for the post of a Food Technologist in your upcoming food processing unit in Golagoan.

I graduated in food technology from the most prestigious Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences affiliated to Delhi University this year only. I am a gold medalist of my college and have in-depth knowledge of food composition along with its Physio-chemical, nutritional, microbiological, and sensory aspects. During the course I also won a national level quiz competition on “National and International Food Laws and Regulations”. My project prepared on “The Importance of Packaging in the Food Industry” was rated the best in the college.

I am logical, hardworking, and passionate about my work. Your new venture in Golagoan will be an ideal place to utilize my knowledge and passion in this field. If selected, I assure you that I shall work with utmost devotion and sincerity to your full satisfaction.

I am enclosing my biodata herewith for your kind perusal. I look forward to attending an interview at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully

SHILPA RAO

Enclosures: 1) Bio-data
2) Copies of certificates
3) Passport size photograph

SAMPLE 2

DAV. PUBLIC SCHOOL, Meerut requires a competent P.G.T. in English M.A. from a recognized University with minimum 5 years’ experience of teaching Class XII, fluency in spoken English is a prerequisite. Pay scale as per Govt. Grade. Apply within seven days with complete bio-data to Richard Crashaw, Principal.

B – 17, Green Field,
Ludhiana

16th November, 2O22

The Principal
D.A.V. Public School
Meerut

Subject: Application for the post of a P.G.T. in English

Dear Sir

In response to your advertisement in ‘The Time of India’ dated 14th November 2022, I wish to offer my candidature for the post of a P.G.T. in English in your prestigious institution.

I am Post Graduate in English and have done B.Ed. from Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut. I have 14 years of teaching experience and two years of experience in supporting the designing of curriculum in schools. I am a hardworking and passionate teacher. I want to switch my job so that I can live with my old parents in my hometown.

I am enclosing my biodata herewith for your kind perusal. If selected, I assure you that I shall work with utmost devotion and sincerity to your full satisfaction. I look forward to attending an interview at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully

RAGINI SHARMA

Enclosures: 
1) Biodata
2) Copies of certificates
3) Passport size photograph

BlODATA

EXAMPLE 3

You see a classified advertisement in the newspaper inviting applications for the post of a Sales Executive in a reputed bank. Write a letter with bio-data in about 120150 words to the HR Manager, HABC Bank, Lajpat Nagar New Delhi, applying for the post advertised. You are Avani/Aviral of 120, Kirti Nagar Delhi.

120, Kirti Nagar New Delhi

28 Oct, 20xx

The HR Manager
HABC Bank
New Delhi

Subject: Application for the post of Sales Executive

Sir

In response to your advertisement published in ‘The Time of India’ dated 14th November, 20xx, I wish to offer my candidature for the post of Sales Executive in your reputed bank.

I am an MBA from Amity University. I did my B. Com from University of Delhi. I have a total experience of 3 years in the relevant field. I am a hardworking, soft spoken and self-motivated person. I want to switch my job so that I can live with my old parents in my hometown.

I am enclosing my biodata herewith for your kind perusal. If selected, I assure you that I shall work with utmost devotion and sincerity to your full satisfaction. I look forward to attending an interview at your earliest convenience.

Yours truly

Aviral

Enclosures: 1) Bio-data
                    2) Copies of certificates
                    3) Passport size photograph

RESUME

Practice Questions

  1. Global India Pvt. Ltd. has offered the job of Accountant in one of the national dailies. You, Ram Sharma, a resident of 29, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi have decided to apply for job in the offering. Write an application to the HR Manager of the company.
  2. You are Sajad/Sonali, a resident of C-16, Subhash Nagar, Kolkata. You come across a job advertisement in a local daily for the position of a Web Designer. Write an application along with a resume.
  3. You are Preetinder Singh Gill. Recently you read an advertisement for the post of Mechanical Engineer in ITC Technologies Ltd., Manipal Centre Bangalore. Write an application for this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment